Friday, May 11, 2007

Who Am I?

The tales of of my boring internship continue.

Not usually one to try silly gimmicks advertised on random Facebook accounts, I'm feeling a little ashamed that i even tried this. I had a negative experience with the now completely overdone celebrity look-a-like page, made so famous by my niece's apparent uncanny resemblance to the late Martin Luther King Jr.- i was skeptical of the clearly lame "what superhero are you" quiz. Frankly, I doubted that the revelation that i was clearly Nightwing would have any effect on how well i knew myself. Plus, all the other people who had it on there site used the results as a substitute for their own wit. But, on the other hand it offered me the prospect of thinking more about superheroes while i was sitting doing nothing but waiting at this silly desk.
So, I took the test.
It asked questions with predictable meanings- like what power would you like most to have, then it listed abilities like strength, speed, flight. One choice said something like "No powers, just cool gadgets." please. clearly that's a big flashing arrow pointing to Batman. I fought off the urge to answer the quiz teleologically, that is with the end in site. I was honest. What Superhero would this quiz, clearly diffinitive at diagnosing the metahuman proclivities of mere mortals, bestow like a totem on me?



That's right. Wonder Woman. That's what i get for being honest. I get to be told by some computer program that i am most like an amazonian princess whose native garb serendipitously is also emblematic of the United States of America.
I should of taken the test like Mary and I used to take the tests in Seventeen magazine. We were also Perfect Pals, or Even Headed Hotties or something.




So I tried it again. and i made sure that i came out Batman.

How upset should i be that i'm spending my time thinking about batmen and wonder women when i should be learning about the inner workings of magazine journalism? And i am upset. but then i think wwwwd? what would wonder woman do. and i feel a whole lot better.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

great photo of the crushed bat-boy. i came out as wonder woman too, or a ninja if I tried to answer the cool way, so I we must be more alike than we thought dear greggy. I guess am glad those 3 years of feminist and post-feminist were not wasted on me.

admin said...

CubReporters.org is a new website for young, college and early-career journalists. It contains internship listings, job leads, fellowships, freelance opportunities and more.

Please check out the site, tell others about it and consider adding a link to your website. Thanks.

http://CubReporters.org

mere said...

You underestimate your audience. I know what WWWWD means. too funny. I wonder what dotty would be. Probably Storm

erin wright said...

speaking of super heroes--well super bad guys, ryan and i saw spider man 3 this week and i know who i DON'T WANT to be--venom. he totally freaked me out. ryan and i kept looking at each other and saying, "jack can N-E-V-E-R see this movie!! love you greggy and love you even more now that i know you have an inner wonder woman.